Sunday, September 21, 2014

Fletcher's Family

Just a little over a month ago, Baby Fletcher's paternal grandmother hired me to take some photos of him and his parents, who married this weekend. She asked me to delay in putting the photos on the Internet because she planned to display some of them (at the reception, I think).

It's been a little hard for me to sit on these gorgeous photos. Every session is my favorite, but I love this one for special reasons. First of all, Fletcher's dad took me back to my days of teaching English at the technical school. There's no such thing as an English major, there, and most of my students filed in begrudgingly, to meet a requirement. One of my very favorite things was to bust up all the preconceived notions they held and make their experience enjoyable.

I enjoy photography sessions, sometimes, for the challenge of making the experience better than expected. Occasionally (particularly with small children), I can't turn things around completely, and I value, too, the challenge of capturing images--anyway, despite--that will be treasured down the road.

Fletcher's dad warmed and played, and the word on the street is that he was pleased with my work. He made his gorgeous fiancee his wife, this weekend, which goes to the second reason I love this session: it reminds me of "Dance Little Jean" by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. I've always loved that song.









1 comment: